Wednesday 10 August 2011

England



I feel i can't write about lovely things on my blog without commenting on the the terrible mayhem we have all been witnessing this week. I don't feel this is the right platform for commenting on any political issues but equally we cannot live in lovely little bubbles in the blogosphere all the time.   I have deliberately entitled this post 'England' because at the moment it appears to only be happening in English town and cities.  That is not say that it won't spread to other parts of the UK before long.
I have a son who lives in London and, like most parents, am worried that he will get inadvertently caught up in the violence and destruction.  However, my main thoughts are with the people who have been attacked, their homes and shops burnt to the ground and the sense of desolation, anger and hopelessness they must be feeling at the moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...