Sunday 13 February 2011

Something i love ... Bompas and Parr

As it is valentine's day tomorrow i feel the need to post about something that I love.  I don't really want to go the hearts and flowers route .. although I do expect to get that from home ... but turned my mind to food.  I love everything about food .. reading about it, cooking, tasting, smell, memories, memories to be made, textures and ... equally important .. whether it attracts me visually.  I am sensitive to dairy products so tend not to eat desserts very often (just can't help myself sometimes!).  However, one pudding I have always loved and still eat regularly is JELLY!  I adore the rich jewel type colours you can achieve with jelly and the wonderful kitsch moulds you can get...
The new masters of jelly over the past few years have got to be Bompas and Parr who are the mad Willy Wonka geniuses of jellyworld!  Sam Bompas and Harry Parr create unique and bespoke jelly events .. as well as creating events such as a pop up chewing gum factory, a brandy punch bowl you can sail across and smell and sniff food scratch cards. They are like Heston Blumenthal's little brothers! They have really embraced the fun element of food coupled with a keen intelligence and great artistic creativity. I highly recommend you visit their website to look at the events they put on .. I only wish I could get to one.... now that would be a great valentine's gift!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...