Sunday 30 January 2011

Sunflower Seeds

I went down to London last week and managed to get to the Tate Modern.  I spent quite a few happy hours wandering around and I always come away feeling reinvigorated and refreshed.
I wanted to post my photographs of the Sunflower Seeds by Ai Weiwei.  What can I say about them that hasn't already been written?  All i can say was although I understand why the public is unable to interact with the porcelain seeds ... all I wanted to do was run across them.  The stillness of the field of seeds seemed to bring out a mischievousness in me ... which is what i think the artist intended.  I wanted to run across them and feel them crush underneath my feet ... just as you would running along a beach feeling the crush of shells or coral between your toes. 





I read recently that The Tate Modern is going to auction a bagful of seeds at Sothebys next month.  However, they estimate that the bag will cost about £120,000 ... so I had better start saving!
I love the way he has illustrated his concept on his website

This was obviously a great brainstorming session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...